Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My O My

My son Bryant is 3 and I mean he is something else! He has this imagination that will blow your mind. I thought I'd take this peaceful evening to share a few stories about him and his little stunts while he and his little brother lay here sleeping kinda early for them!

Lets start by saying if you know my son then your used to seeing him like this, if not, yes he does own pants and shoes but he chooses not to wear them most of the time! Bryant has formed an obsession with Santa Claus as well as westerns. Now we are talking about a three year old sitting and watching Lonesome Dove, John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Bonanza, and of course The Santa Clause 1, 2, and 3! He has such a vivid imagination, when he tells you stories he stammers over his words trying to let his mouth catch up with his brain! He sits and talks about Santa A LOT! We pass by houses and he says look mommy they have a chimney for Santa but no weather vein for John Wayne's hat ( if you have ever seen McClintock this will make more sense). So Bryant tells these elaborate stories about snakes and guns and hats and horses. So a couple weeks ago he says to my next door neighbor, when I was a kid I was riding my dirt bike and I fell off and broke my leg and had to go to the hospital but it was OK I got over it! Where he comes up with these stories is beyond me! His wheels never stop turning!

This is from like a year ago so no my 3 year old isn't still in diapers just in case your wondering!

 So tonight my husband was running to the store and shut the door as he went to leave, Bryant runs over to me crying and says mommy please open that door I have to tell daddy something. I open the door and stop my husband in the driveway. Bryant yells out I love you watch out for cars, traffic is a 5 be careful. I busted out laughing and hugged him up at the same time. He was thinking of his daddies safety, who knew a 3 year old thought that way? Tonight while grocery shopping he sang his ABC's and at the end clapped and said way to go Bryant your so smart. He is just so observant and caring. He is always saying things like mommy your my best friend and my angel and I love you 5. 5 is alot in case I didn't mention that earlier.

He recently got all his play guns taken away because the obsession with westerns had gotten way out of hand and I hit a breaking point. One day while cleaning the kitchen he came running in on his stick horse of course with his hat and holster and spurs on his cowboy boots keep in mind for your mental pic here he is only wearing undies and all these accessories. He yells at me that he is going to blow my brains out, well I flipped my lid took every little toy gun away and put them up very very high and gave him a very long talking to! Well the other day he was asked by a family friend where are your guns and he said mommy took them away I hurt her feelings and was ugly but I'm gonna get them back soon. Later that day I was giving him a bath and he looked at me very serious and said... mommy what do I need to do to get those guns back I sure do miss them! Well he hasn't gotten them back but I think I am about to give in very soon because he seems so empty without his western wear. There are gonna be some stricter rules and more discussions about how back in those days things were alot different but that baby loves those westerns more than any cartoon!


This is him winning at a birthday party, let me say all the other 15 kids are busy jumping in the bounce house we are all in a panic looking for my son everywhere. He was found climbing out of this, I screamed oh Bryant where were you, he very calmly said right here winning these games mommy.

I am always amazed by him he is so smart and so sweet. He threw up while play fighting with his daddy and he was sitting in the tub getting scrubbed down and he looked up so sweet and said mommy I didn't mean to throw up on your bed I'm sorry! He melts me! I wanna be so mad sometimes but then he smiles and I remember how fast that baby is growing up and I have to work extra hard to punish him! I am wrapped around his little finger! Now with that said sometimes I feel like all I do is yell at him to stop!, don't do that, quit touching your brother, please stop screaming, omg where did all that water come from, but he is such a blessing, I love that baby! Now I have to go sleep cause he will have me up...way to early!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mama,

    It's Becca from Mama B. Thanks for your comment on my blog. What you said brought me to tears because some days I am exactly like that. I know those shitty feelings all too well. I know how awful, and useless you feel because I feel the same way. You are a good mom. Your beautiful babies need you. PPD is a nasty little f*cker and it will consume you if you let it. Be strong mama. If you ever need to vent or chat or whatever please feel free to email me. I know what you are going through. You are not alone. Knowing that helps me so much.

    I hope tomorrow is a much better day, for both of us.

    ((hugs)) mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your blog,I really enjoy your blog and it toally helps me feel like I am not alone! I have really gotten so down on myself after this second baby and sometimes feel like the worst mother in the world. It can feel so lonely and sometimes like no one can understand those feelings! I totally love your honesty! Thank you again, and good luck with your PPD.

    ReplyDelete