Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hi, I'm new to blogging and just looking for an outlet to vent, get things off my chest, and hopefully shed some light and knowledge on subjects I am familiar with! I am a southern girl born and raised. I'm a married mom of 1 with another on the way! 2 little boys is going to be a handful but also a blast! I can't wait for t-ball, pee wee football and soccer to start for my boys! I am a stay at home mom who is interested in being the best mom and wife I can be. I hope to help other moms with tips and tricks I've learned and I may learn a thing or two as well. Let's get started by talking about children with no manners. When we go out to eat our son goes with us. He is part of this family and I refuse to exclude him unless of course it's a special occasion such as an anniversary or adults only gathering where drinking will be present. With that said he is 2, knows how to eat on his own fork, napkin, drink, the whole nine yards. Why am I seeing a 4 year old still eating with their fingers, making huge messes, screaming crying and showing out? I don't think I am asking too much for a nice dinner out with my family with no screaming and crying. How about manners..my son is expected to say thank you and please when dealing with us or the waiter..that's just good manners? Is that a lost art? Don't you think this is something to be taught from an early age? I can't imagine my son saying fix me a drink like he is commanding me! He asks mommy I need more drink or mommy can I have more drink, always followed by thank you! I see kids disrespecting their parents and you think if they don't use manners with their own mother how can you expect that when they are dealing with someone like a waiter? Sorry for the gripe..just bugs me!

No comments:

Post a Comment